How do I activate my DivX Certified® phone to play DivX® Video-on-Demand (VOD) movies?
To play purchased DivX movies on your Mobile Certified Device, you will first need to complete a one-time registration of your DivX Certified device.
- Locate the DivX registration code, normally found under “DivX VOD” in your device’s setup menu. Copy this 8 or 10-digit number down. This code location will vary from phone to phone, but usually will be under settings on your device. If you own a certified Phone and cannot find the VOD code, please refer to the user's manual of your device.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the DivX Plus Player (v8.2 Windows and v8.2 Mac) installed on your computer.
- Open DivX Player on your computer and from within the VOD menu, select ‘Register a DivX Certified Device...’. You may be prompted to log in or create a DivX account if your account information has not already been saved in DivX Player.
- Follow the instructions in DivX Player to enter the registration code from step 1 and create a device nickname (e.g. "Cellphone DivX").
- DivX Player will download a DivX registration video with the same title as your device nickname (e.g. “Cellphone DivX”).
- In order to complete the registration process, you will need to transfer and play the registration video on your device. We recommend transferring your file through the USB cable provided with your phone.
- Once you play the registration file on your device, your registration is complete!
How do I activate my DivX-compatible phone with DivX Mobile Player to play DivX Video-on-Demand (VOD) movies?
First, you will need a DivX User Account. One may have already been created for you when you downloaded DivX Mobile Player.
Once you have a DivX User Account created, open the DivX Mobile Player settings menu, enter your username and password and then from within "Options" or "Menu," select "Register Device."