For the version history for DivX 9 and newer please go: Here
DivX Plus Converter 9.0.2 - Releases 2013-02-12
- Fixed Converter VOB imports for metadata
- Fixed Converter Mac MPEG2 registration issue
DivX Plus Converter 9.0 - Released 2012-11-15
- All Profiles for conversion are now free
- Added MP4 support for iPad, and iPhone, with burned in subtitles
- Added hardware acceleration support on Intel systems with Quick Sync
- Updated user interface for Mac version
- Added 2 pass encoding option
- Add option for selecting audio output
- Support for third party filter Perian, RMVB, Vorbis
- Support for M KV stripped headers
- Progress indicator for encoding jobs
DivX Plus Converter 8.0 - Released 2010-03-16
- Creating DivX Plus (.mkv) files is now a free feature of DivX Plus Converter that will continue to work even after the trial period has expired.
- DivX Plus Converter has received a new UI to enable easier access to more advanced features and settings.
- DivX Plus Converter can now supports additional DivX Plus (.mkv) features such as creating title and chapter metadata, and smooth fast-forward and rewind video tracks.
- Quicktime for Windows is not needed for any supported MP4 or MOV file anymore.
- Official support for Windows 7.
- Advanced options such as resizing, custom video and audio bitrates, and file size limits are now supported for all profiles.
DivX Converter 7.1 - Released 2009-06-02
- New Localizations: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Portuguese
- MKV input
- Native handling of MP4 and MOV files containing H.264 and AAC
- Pass-through of AC3 audio tracks without an AC3 filter
- Pass-through of MP3 and AAC audio tracks
- Optimally configures AC3 filter depending on profile
- Combine multiple files into one video for any profile, including DivX Plus HD
DivX Converter 6.6 - Released 2008-01-10
- Support for QuickTime file formats (MOV, QT and MP4) if the user has QuickTime 5+ installed on their computer
- Support for the new DivX 1080HD profile.
- An option to maintain source audio that allows users to keep the original audio track of the input file
- Support for adding external subtitles to a file (the external subtitle file must be in the same forlder and with the same name as the input file for the DivX Conveter to recognize it)
- An option has been added to allow a user to set priorities for the Converter application
- Spanish language support was added
- DivX Converter now utilizes the latest DivX Codec 6.8 for encoding
DivX Converter 6.5.1 - Released 2007-09-06
- An encoding but that would sometimes cause 16x9 content to convert to the wrong aspect ratio has been resolved.
DivX Converter 6.5 - Released 2007-07-30
- Support for Mobile and qMobile profiles
- Files can be combined with different frame rates and resolution accessed by a menu. Note: Not available with .vob files
- Vista support
- DivX Converter now utilizes the DivX Codec 6.6.1 for encoding
DivX Converter 6.2.1 - Released 2006-09-04
- A graphics bug that would sometimes cause the progress bar to remain visible at the end of an encode.
- Aspect ratios for MPEG-2 files.
- Added additional support for ADPCM audio.
- Added support for MPEG files with ID3 tags.
- Several audio sync issues.
DivX Converter 6.2 - Released 2006-08-03
- DivX Converter now utilizes the DivX Codec 6.2.5 for encoding.
- Normal conversions (no subtitles and no combines) should now pass the Stage6 upload process without error.
- Unknown error ‘5093’ has now been fixed.
- Some aspect ratio bugs have also been fixed in this release.
DivX Converter 6.1.1 - Released 2006-02-21
- Movies can now be saved to any user-specified folder, including those with unusual permissions, such as the "My Documents\\My Videos" folder
DivX Converter 6.1 - Released 2006-02-01
- DivX Converter now uses the improved DivX 6.1.1 codec
- The temp directory that DivX Converter uses during an encode is now customizable
- The DivX Movies folder (Output folder) can now be changed from within DivX Converter
- A customizable file size limit can now be selected for any input video format
- A customized output resolution can now be set
- You can now choose what audio and video bitrates to use
- The DivX Converter icon in the system tray now shows progress when you hover your mouse over it
- DivX Converter now leverages hyperthreaded and multiple CPU architectures
- DivX Converter will no longer silently change the output resolution to a smaller sizei simply to force the output file size to be smaller than the input file size
- Unknown error 5090 should occur less often
DivX Converter 6.0.3 - Released 2005-10-18
- Now supports Motion JPEG input (MJPEG)
- Includes Converter version number (CTRL+ALT+A)
- Bug where the codec would create a green or black stripe in the output video
- Bug where the subtitle interleaving was incorrect
- Error in the creation of a DivX Media File that would show an "out of hard drive space" error
- Issues on foreign operating systems with doublebyte characters
- Several small localization bugs
DivX Converter 6.0.2 - Released 2005-08-08
- Issue causing Metadata to show an incorrect frame rate
- Unknown error 5025 for audio input that had low sampling rate
- C++ runtime error during menu creation on a foreign OS
- Cleaned up temp files when batching encoding files
- Unknown error 5025 when decoding AC3 audio
- Issue causing subtitles to be poorly positioned on some hardware players