For the version history for DivX 9 and newer please go: Here
DivX Plus Player 9.0.2 - Released 2013-02-12
- Resolved a number of bugs with format support and stability
- Fixed Player issue with sleep mode
- Fixed Media server issue with Xbox interoperability
- Fixed Media server long scan times
- Fixed Media server icon stretched issue
DivX Plus Player 9.0 - Released 2012-11-15
- Added DLNA media server streaming for video files to DivX To Go
- Added DivX To Go to Mac
- Enhanced DivX To transferring/copying behavior for in-profile videos
DivX Plus Player 8.0 - Released 2010-03-16
- Introducing DivX To Go!
- Transfer videos to a DivX Certified DVD Player, Blu-ray Player, TV or PlayStation® 3 in a few easy steps
- Burns videos to a CD/DVD or copies them to a USB drive
- Ensures videos are formatted properly to play on DivX devices
- Device Pane:
- Add and manage DivX devices in the new device pane.
- Easily drag and drop files from the video library to a device for transfer with DivX To Go
- Native support for playback of MP4 and MOV files (with H.264 and AAC audio)
- Auto-chapter points: Quickly jump to a scene in a video with the automatically created chapter points.
- Official support for Windows 7
- Updated Video Library:
- Automatically adds files played or that are in the default video folder to the video library
- Allows you to customize column options
- Contains new managed video lists like Recently Watched and Purchased
- The DivX Plus Player has an updated UI for better navigation and feature support
DivX Player 7.2 - Released 2009-06-02
- New Localizations: Added support for Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Portuguese
- Improvements to Device Registration messaging
DivX Player 7.1 - Released 2009-03-011
- Fixed an issue with corrupted avi files not playing
DivX Player 7.0 - Released 2009-01-06
- The DivX Player has been refreshed with an update to the skin.
- The DivX Player now supports playback of H.264 and MKV files and AAC audio tracks.
DivX Player 6.8 - Released 2008-05-20
- Supports playback of QuickTime files
- Playback performance improvements, especially for HD videos
DivX Player 6.7 - Released 2008-01-10
- Spanish support - DivX Player 6.7 is available in a localized Spanish language version
- DivX Player can now play back all AVI 2.0 files including those greater than 4GB in size
- A bug that caused the main window of the DivX Player to be cropped on the left or right side when resizing
DivX Player 6.6 - Released 2007-09-06
- DFX Audio Enhancer - Manipulate and improve the sound quality of the MP3 audio in your DivX video files.
- DivX Player now utilizes 6.6.2 decoder for high-quality playback..
- Converting engine has been updated in Publishing Manager
- A bug that caused playback of DivX files with menus to sometimes crash the DivX Player has been resolved
DivX Player 6.5 - Released 2007-07-30
- External subtitle support - Watch DivX videos with .srt subtitles
- PAR support
- DivX Player now utilizes 6.6.1 decoder for high-quality playback.
- Updated burning engine
- Forcing Windows Vista out of Aero mode has been resolved
DivX Player 6.4.3 - Released 2007-03-01
- Includes DivX 6.5.1 decoder for high-quality playback.
- The password limit for a DivX user account has been extended to 20 characters.
- Using pause while uploading a video in the Publishing Manager is stabilized.
- Removing Videos window in Publishing Manager works correctly.
DivX Player 6.4.2 - Released 2007-01-25
- Burning is now stable
- The Open URL function to download files straight from the internet works again.
- When you use the trick show slider to move through a movie the current time displays correctly.
- A problem of not being able to drag the DivX Player across certain dual monitor configurations has been addressed.
DivX Player 6.4.1 - Released 2006-12-15
- Added a link to Preferences in the right click menu.
- A problem of users experiencing no audio on playback of files encoded with MP3 has been addressed.
- In full screen mode the ctrl p shortcut for the Preference window is back.
- A graphical error, in which a movie stops playing and displays 'Downloading more data', has been resolved.
- When launching the DivX Player it should no longer appear off screen or only in the Taskbar.
- When deleting a video from Stage6, it will show as deleted from the users Publishing Manager.
- Movies now appear with .divx extension in All Videos after conversion.
- After a file is published to Stage6, the file name appears in the Publishing Manager instead of the file path.
- When a user closes the DivX Player during an upload, it is defaulted to resume publishing on DivX Player startup.
- A problem of CD ROM and DVD ROM drives not being recognized has been addressed.
DivX Player 6.4 - Released 2006-10-02
- For new installations, a DivX Movies folder created in the user's My Videos folder.
- The media library will only display content associated with the current user.
- The DivX Player works for Windows restricted user if installed by an Administrator
DivX Player 6.3.2 - Released 2006-09-18
- Support of 5.1 surround sound on files that contain mp3 Surround sound audio.
DivX Player 6.3 - Released 2006-08-04
- Integrated video conversion, uploading, and publishing to stage6.divx.com
- Includes new DivX 6.2.5 decoder with enhanced video sharpening filters
- Performance and stability enhancements have been implemented
- DivX Subtitles rendering has been greatly improved
- Audio/Video sync issues for some types of malformed files have been fixed
- A stuttering playback problem which occurred on some integrated video cards has been addressed.
- The DivX Player can now play back videos larger than 2 GB
- The DivX Player can play back files that are created using the AVI 2.0 standard.
- The video overlay now resets properly at the end of wmv, asf and other non DivX video files
- Password retrieval via a web browser now works properly
DivX Player 6.2 - Released 2006-04-10
- You can now create and play back movies within playlists.
- You may now add multiple files to the media library by dragging and dropping them onto the media management pane.
- Adding movies to a playlist (formally called a "collection") is now much faster.
- Removed initial cursor focus from the 'Volume Name' area, allowing shortcut keys to be used on startup.
- Fixed an issue causing high CPU utilization
- Fixed an issue where changing post-processing settings had no effect
- Fixed an issue which caused mislabeling of movies in the download manager if movies were reordered during a paused state.
- Fixed an issue which occurred when importing filenames with uppercase characters to the media manager.
DivX Player 6.1.1 - Released 2006-02-21
- A default skin which allows users to hide both the media manager and burning panes.
- Integrated DivX 6.1.1 decoder.
- The DivX Player application now achieves faster startup times.
- The burning function has been fixed for Japanese language operating systems.
- The audio and subtitles now default to the proper language.
- The player no longer changes Windows desktop effects from fade to scroll.
- The mute button now displays properly on audio mute.
DivX Player 6.1 - Released 2006-01-18
- A new integrated burning feature allows for easy burning from within the DivX Player application.
- A new Media Manager allows for easy management of video collections.
- The DivX Player now supports multiple http downloads and automatically adds downloaded videos to the library.
- Certified devices may now be activated directly from the player. Click here to learn more.
- A button was added to the playback controls for accessing advanced features.
- Includes DivX 6.1 decoder for high-quality playback.
- DivX advanced feature playback performance has been improved.
- Brightness/Contrast/Saturation settings have been fixed.
- The AC-3 slow-motion playback issue has been resolved.
- Audio-synch issues on integrated video cards have been fixed.
DivX Player 6.0 - Released 2005-06-15
- Support for the DivX Media Format. DivX Player can now play DivX media (.divx) files, including all of their advanced features.
- Interactive menus
- Up to eight XSUB subtitle sets
- Up to eight audio tracks
- XTAG video information
- DivX Media Format features can be accessed from a right-click context menu with special middle mouse button quick access.
- DivX Media Format preferences are now available in the DivX Player Preferences.
- Includes DivX 6 decoder for high-quality playback.
- Introduced support for file sizes larger than 2 GB.
- Performance-adaptive post-processing helps deliver the highest playback quality.
- DivX Player now sports a DivX 6 skin.
- Implemented changes for improved startup performance.