For the version history for DivX Plus Web Player 2.2.2 and newer please go: Here
DivX Plus Web Player 2.2.2 - Released 2013-02-12
Fixed Web Player interoperability issue with Google Maps
DivX Plus Web Player 2.1.0 - Released 2010-12-09
- DivX HiQ – Use the DivX Plus Web Player on your favorite web video sites
- DXVA H.264 hardware decode acceleration
- Support for the HTML5 < video > API
- New format support: MP4 (H.264/AAC) and MOV (H.264/AAC)
- Support for 64-bit Safari on Mac OS X
- Support for Google Chrome on Mac OS X
- Improved download speeds
- Support for DivX Plus (MKV) playback from HTTP 1.0 servers
- Fixed issue where Web Player would not correctly follow HTTP redirects
- Cache files are not longer stored in the DivX Movies folder
DivX Plus Web Player 2.0.2 - Released 2010-03-16
- Official support for Windows 7
- Seeking within buffered region beyond current playback position on HTTP 1.0 servers
- General stability, performance, and crash fixes
- Fixed issue with mouse cursor disappearing
- Fixed localization issues
- Improved calculation and display of buffering
- Improved compatibility with web servers that support limited HTTP features
- Improved more specific error messages
DivX Web Player 2.0.0 - Released 2009-08-18
- Support for playback of DivX Plus (MKV/H.264/AAC) files
- Support for byte-range request seeking on compatible HTTP 1.1 web serversLocalized into all eight DivX supported languages
DivX Web Player 1.5.0 - Released 2009-02-06
- Localized into all eight DivX supported languages
- Official Google Chrome support
- Fixed a bug where Web Player would not work with Intel Core i7 CPUs
DivX Web Player 1.4.2 (Beta)
- Support for Firefox 3
- Support for https
- Improved stability
DivX Web Player 1.4.0 - Released 2007-06
- Added a customizable download cache and download resume capabilities
- Added fade-out of windowed mode borders
- Many stability improvements
DivX Web Player 1.3.2
- Fixed several bugs related to playback stability.
- Fixed a bug where the mouse cursor could disappear in Firefox after leaving the fullscreen mode.
DivX Web Player 1.3.0 - Released 2007-02-26
- Added the automatic Desktop Dimmer that dims the screen while watching DivX video in the Web browser.
- Fixed white screen redraw problem in Firefox.
- Fixed support for several Stage6 video files.
DivX Web Player 1.2.0 - Released 2006-02-10
- Fixed Potential Crashes in Mozilla Firefox.
- Integrated DivX 6.4 decoder.
DivX Web Player 1.1.0 - Released 2006-09-13
- Added a floating fullscreen mode controller window accessible by clicking anywhere on the screen while in fullscreen mode.
- Support for png and jpg image previews that replace the DivX logo when autoPlay is off as well as a customizable preview message.
- Support for PCM, AAC, ogg, AC3 audio if appropriate directshow decoders are present.
- Support for multiple audio and multiple XSUB subtitle tracks in DivX files (Windows Only).
- Speed up and redesigned buffering sequence.
- Added various eye candy :)
- Fixed Opera 9 support.
- Many more browser compatibility fixes.
- Fixed the initial size and aspect ratio of the windowed mode, it can also be resized now.
- Made the initial buffering and the rebuffering screens show in fullscreen.
- Various potential bugs have been fixed with earlier browsers.
DivX Web Player 1.0.0 - Released 2006-02-17
- Improved the rebuffering algorithm.
- Made the windowed mode stay always on top of other browser windows.